Peabody Energy is a massive coal company that recently filed for bankruptcy, and during these proceedings has revealed the monumental degree to which this company was funding public deception and political lobbying around science denial regarding climate change. The question is, was this a lone wolf? A bad actor? Or the norm…
This weeks top eco-news:
- Biggest US coal company funded dozens of groups questioning climate change
- First Nations communities suffering ‘more intense’ impact of climate change, secret briefings say
- U.S. coal giant owed money to Canadian climate change deniers
- Catholic orders take their lead from the pope and divest from fossil fuels
- Protest and oil sheen on Columbia river follow Oregon train derailment
- SoCal fire surges to 4,000 acres; evacuations underway
In the middle of the program we take a bit of a break from the heavy news to chat with Toronto’s music station voice from CHUM FM for the last 40 years Ingrid Schumacher. Ingrid talks about her thoughts on how Toronto has grown up in the last 40 years, animal cruelty and her ability to use her giant microphone to talk about important issues of the day as a music programmer.
Finally Stefan and Daryn can’t NOT mention the horrific shooting over the weekend, Stefan was already writing a piece about activism in the age of global terror, and so we preview that with some comments about recent events at the end of the program.
This weeks music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media, leave us a phone message to play on air or send us an email!