We attempt this week to start with the worst news and get better throughout to try to leave you with some hope. But as this weeks title tells you, hope isn’t a strategy (that will make sense later). Lot’s of news this week including breaking news about an entire lake disappearing due to climate change in Bolivia, a rush of lobbying by mining companies on the Canadian Gov, and an expose on how to evade lobbying laws in Canada. Insects are dying, and yes that’s bad… but at least we got a divestment win! All the news we found important this week listed below.
This weeks news:
- A Lake in Bolivia Evaporates, and With It a Way of Life
- Climate scientists are under attack from frivolous lawsuits
- ‘Secret Lobbying is Legal’ if You Know Which Loopholes to Exploit, Says Democracy Watchdog
- Why is the Mining Industry on a Federal Lobbying Spree?
- Geothermal Could Put Thousands from Alberta’s Oil and Gas Sector Back to Work
- Piles of Dirty Secrets Behind a Model ‘Clean Coal’ Project
- Vanishing Act: Why Insects Are Declining and Why It Matters
- The race to create super-crops (This story fuels our bonus show as well)
- Washington D.C. Pension Fund Announces Full Fossil Fuel Divestment
This weeks music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media, leave us a phone message to play on air or send us an email!